AN OUTLINE ON THE WHMIS & TDG ONLINE COURSE
The online WHMIS and TDG Package course covers the essential classes for each topic. Participants will receive a certification after completing each course.
Topics Discussed in the WHMIS Online Course
In this course, these topics are covered:
- What is WHMIS?
- Identifying Hazards
- Classifying Products
- Symbols Used in WHMIS
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS Sheets)
- Legislation and the laws that affect WHMIS
- Roles and duties outlined by WHMIS law
- Understanding the Six Varieties of Hazardous Materials
- How to Classify Hazardous Materials Appropriately
- Hazard control for every class of product
Topics Discussed in the Web-based Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Course
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Canada’s TDG program
- Federal laws governing the transportation of harmful goods
- Training on TDG and the Requirements for Certification
- Classification of harmful goods
- UN Placards and Numbers
- Requirements for Labeling
- How to Package Products
- Requirements of the Vessel
- Documentation requirements
- Emergency Response Assistance Plans (ERAP)
WHMIS & TDG PACKAGE COURSE ONLINE DURATION
Around three hours.
WHMIS & TDG PACKAGE TEST
Testing carried out within both courses is designed to strengthen the data presented. To obtain a certificate of completion, individuals should get a score of a minimum of 80%. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved. Supplemental materials vital to finish this course can be accessed online.
WHMIS & TDG ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
After successfully completing this Web-based course, a temporary certificate of completion will be accessible for download and printing for WHMIS and a permanent certification for TDG. The permanent certificate of completion for WHMIS will be sent to you through mail.