SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This course is an entry level course created for the beginner or any person new to the rules associated with shipping dangerous goods by air. The course can also be relevant to any people responsible for shipping dangerous goods (packing goods and preparing shipping documents).
Before taking the course, participants are recommended to get a copy of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. You may buy a copy by contacting ICC Compliance Center at 1-888-442-9628 or www.thecompliancecenter.com.
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR ONLINE COURSE SUBJECTS
- An overview about the several federal and international regulations (ICAO/IATA)
- How to use the IATA book
- Operator and state variations
- Categories of hazardous goods based on IATA (ICAO)
- Utilizing the dangerous goods list
- General wrapping requirements
- Packaging requirements specified by the UN
- Selecting a packaging instruction
- Understanding packaging directions for cargo or passenger aircrafts
- Marking and labeling
- Shipping documentations
- Overview of placard requirements
- The best way to segregate dangerous goods
- Handling cases of accidental release and reporting
- Limitations when handling hazardous goods
- Security needed when handling hazardous goods
TIME REQUIRED TO TAKE THIS ONLINE COURSE: About 4 hours
SHIPPING DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR ONLINE COURSE TEST: Testing conducted throughout this online Shipping Dangerous Goods by Air course is created to reinforce the data presented. Participants must attain a passing mark of 80% to obtain the certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark isn’t achieved.
HOW YOU CAN GET THE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Right after successfully passing the examination, participants can download and print their certificate of completion. According to the IATA/ICAO regulations, this certificate will be valid for two years.