FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW:
Four-wheel drive and all-wheel drive vehicles are common throughout most industries and are over-represented in incident statistics. Workers log countless millions of hours in them every year but, how many of those workers really understand the capabilities and limitations of their vehicle?
Many workers coming from urban areas may have never had the benefit of firsthand experience with four wheel drive vehicles and many who have had experience will have gaps in their knowledge. These gaps can result in incidents and injuries as well as property or equipment damage. Four-wheel Drive Fundamentals provides all the basic information for commercial four-wheel or all-wheel drive operation.
FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS:
- Equipment familiarization
- When and how to engage and disengage two-wheel, all-wheel, four-wheel high, and four-wheel low ranges
- How to properly operate transfer cases and axles
- Basic four-wheel drive techniques, including:
- Ascending & descending hills
- Water crossing
- Traversing ditches or other obstacles
- Driving on rough or un-maintained roads
- Driving on slippery roads
- Handling on hills, curves, and ditches
- Vehicle stability and reducing the risk of roll-over
FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 45 minutes
FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE TEST: Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
To purchase courses for multiple users, please contact us directly.