DEFENSIVE DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW:
Driving is a serious responsibility. Every time you or someone else takes to the road, there is a level of risk involved. Using principles taught throughout this course you can learn ways to reduce this risk to you and others on the road.
Learn how to use The Five Fundamentals of Defensive Driving within this course to reduce risk and prevent vehicle incidents.
THINK AND LOOK AHEAD:
- Understanding and applying advanced observation and recognition skills
- Eye lead time
- Scanning techniques
- Situational awareness
- Identifying Hazards
- Recognizing potential hazards before they become critical
- Predicting other traffic movements, and planning responses in advance
KEEP YOUR OPTIONS OPEN:
- Space cushion driving
- Establishing and maintaining a safe following distance
- Optimum spacing at stops and intersections
- Freeway and highway space a risk management
MANAGE THE RISK:
- How to make good decisions about minimizing risk in common driving situations
- Identifying safe speeds
- How to take proactive steps to reduce risk in critical situations
CONTROL WITH FINESSE:
- Maintaining vehicle balance and stability
- How to develop superior steering, braking and accelerator control
- Correct use of antilock brakes
This course is the first step towards defensive driving in your fleet.
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 90 minutes
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE TEST: Testing conducted throughout this online DEFENSIVE DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
DEFENSIVE DRIVING FUNDAMENTALS ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
To purchase courses for multiple users, please contact us directly.