HAZARD COMMUNICATION ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW:
Chemical exposure can cause debilitating immediate and long-term health effects, including death. To protect employees from exposure to hazardous chemicals in the workplace, OSHA established the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS). The HCS is a globally harmonized system of hazard communication.
The purpose of the Globally Harmonized System is to standardized how we communicated about chemical hazards in the workplace. In this course the worker will learn about more about Safety Data Sheets and Pictograms, as well as potential physical and health effects of hazardous chemicals, and what workers can do to make everyday a safe day at work.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will:
- Recognize the information and training required by OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard.
- Recognize the physical and health hazards inherent with hazardous chemicals.
- Identify chemicals and their hazards, through labeling and warning practices.
- Identify the purpose of a Safety Data Sheet, and its components.
- Identify how chemical hazards are determined.
- Recognize the purpose, scope and elements of the hazard communication standard.
HAZARD COMMUNICATION ONLINE COURSE TOPICS:
- Introduction to the Hazard Communication Standard
- How Hazards are Determined
- Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
- Labels and Warnings
- Physical and Health Hazards
- Employee Information and Training
HAZARD COMMUNICATION ONLINE COURSE DURATION: Approximately 60 minutes
HAZARD COMMUNICATION ONLINE TEST: Testing conducted throughout this online Hazard Communication course is designed to reinforce the information presented.
HAZARD COMMUNICATION CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.