FORKLIFT OPERATOR SAFETY ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW:
A video that offers an all-in-one approach to training forklift operators. Safety topics are essential to conducting the job without accidents and injuries, such as general safe operating procedures, pre-operations, load handling, maintaining fuel and batteries and specialized units.
This all-in-one training program covers safety topics that are critical to avoiding accidents and injuries with forklifts. Operators will learn key training objectives about general forklift safety, load handling, pre-operation, operation, fuel/battery maintenance, and handling specialized units.
This course helps provide a refresher to drivers or remedial training for those who have experienced unsafe operation, an accident, incident, near miss, or any deficiency found during periodic evaluations of their driving.
FORKLIFT OPERATOR SAFETY ONLINE COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- General safety
- Operational procedures
- Load handling of forklifts
- Fuel/battery maintenance
- Specialized units
AFTER COMPLETING THIS COURSE, EMPLOYEES WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Perform a pre-operation inspection of a forklift
- Work inside a truck, rail car or trailer
- Park and leave a forklift
- Refuel the forklift
- Explain the following concepts:
- How the forklift compares to operating other vehicles
- The stability triangle basics
- The special features of high lift units and motorized hand trucks
- The guidelines for regular maintenance on the forklift
- The guidelines for recording forklift modifications
FORKLIFT OPERATOR SAFETY ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Approximately 90 minutes
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS PROGRAM:
Anyone charged with operating a powered industrial truck — tow motor, fork lift, etc.