OVERVIEW OF THE ONLINE COURSE
This course focuses on the various specifications of the 49 CFR Section 392.9 and Part 393, Subpart 1.
TOPICS INCLUDED WITHIN THIS COURSE
- Pre-trip and en route accountabilities related to cargo loading, cargo inspection, and cargo securement
- Variations in between direct tiedown and indirect tiedown strategies
- How many tiedowns are required when using these techniques
- Restraining capacity of tiedown devices, the way to determine them, and how they affect cargo securement
- What is the needed minimum quantity of tiedowns for cargo loads and why is it much better to go above this minimum prerequisite?
- Appropriate cargo securement tactics
- How cargo securement and Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) are associated
- What are the specifications to secure cargos that are hauled using flatbeds?
DURATION OF THE COURSE: Approximately 1 hour
COURSE ASSESSMENTS: Within this course, participants are obligated to take the Check On Learning exercises where their skills and understanding are assessed by way of specially designed simulations.
THE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful finishing of this online course, a certificate of completion will be offered for download and printing.
To purchase courses for a number of students, please speak to us directly.