ARC FLASH AWARENESS ONLINE TRAINING
The dangers of Electricity have come to the forefront in workplace settings. Understanding both the awareness of shock protection and arc flash are essential. The online program offers a well-rounded point of view with a variety of topics for the learner to be exposed to.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Hobbyists who work around electricity or workers that could be exposed to Electric arc flash will both find this program beneficial.
- The definition of Arc Flash
- How does Arc Flash happen?
- What factors effect its severity?
- What effects on a person does Arc Flash have?
- Methods of Arc Flash Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Electrical Equipment labelling
- The protection boundary for Arc Flash
- The Boundary for Limited Approach
- Restricted Approach Boundary
- Prohibitied Approach Boundary
- An introduction to Risk Evaluation and hazard Assessment and its process
LENGTH OF TIME:
75 minutes approximately
This qualifies for Continuing Education Credits from the Engineering Institute of Canada. Throughout the program, testing is conducted. An 80% pass rate must be achieved to receive the certificate of completion. Participants are allowed two attempts to pass. Download the Certificate of Completion once this has been achieved and print it out to receive proof of passing this online program.